Wednesday, June 5, 2013

No Dessert Left Behind

Market bag
Hey Chicagoans! Come out this Sunday to No Dessert Left Behind and support Share Our Strength's No Kid Hungry campaign. It's going be a bake sale like you've never seen. Dozens of pastry chefs and home bakers from around the city are contributing to the spread. Many of my favourite spots in the cityThe Publican, Longman & Eagle, Floriole, The Butcher and Larder, and Little Goatwill be bringing something from their kitchens to the event. It's going to be amazing! And, most importantly, all of the proceeds will go to Share Our Strength, whose initiatives in Illinois include connecting families with already existing food programs like SNAP and increasing participation in school breakfasts and summer-meal programs. You can read more about the NKH campaign here.
But I'm especially excited because I'm baking too. You'll have to wait to see what it is, but it might just have something to do with the four pounds of rhubarb I lugged home from Green City Market this morning...
I'll also be out front Sunday morning greeting people and directing them inside. Hope to see you there! 

No Dessert Left Behind
Sunday, June 9 from 10 am - 3 pm
At Little Goat, on the second floor
820 W. Randolph Street, Chicago IL
Click here for more details, including a full list of participants. 

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful Katie, have a wonderful time! Can't wait to see what you make :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing Share our Strength getting some play on one of my favorite blogs ... Also, love that you are doing it up with rhubarb! I snagged a few (last?) stalks this week, and might have to try your wonderful-looking rhubarb vanilla jam ... oh I love rhubarb. Happy baking to you ~ and cheers to your cause. If I were anywhere near Chicago I would come out and support!

    ReplyDelete